Benefits of Premium Nutrition Tins
Wet food from premium brands offer just as much nutritional content as dry foods – no longer the ‘junk food’ of the past, for many dogs, they are the favourable alternative.
- With the increased water content, wet food ensures your dog stays adequately hydrated. This is particularly beneficial to older dogs or those suffering with urinary tract infections.
- Wet food often has a higher protein content, and fewer carbohydrates, than dry food. This means it is packed with essential nutrients and supports their muscles and bones. Premium nutrition food contain everything your pet needs, with no wastage and nothing missed out.
- They also have fewer preservatives, since they don’t have to stay fresh when opened at room temperature.
- Wet food smells and tastes stronger, so for older animals with a decreased sense of smell and taste, it may encourage them to eat. This is also true for those truly stubborn picky eaters, or if you just want to treat your dog to something good.
- Wet food is good for dogs with health problems such as misaligned jaws, which make chewing more difficult, or for those with a sore mouth or gums.
- There is a popular belief that wet food is bad for your pets teeth – however, when compared to regular dry food, there is very little difference. Only specifically designed oral care dry foods are clinically proven to improve dental health.
So try out some Royal Canin, Advance or Hill’s Science Diet as a starting point, and watch your dog flourish. For holistic options, try Holistic Select cans.