This diet is a complete dietetic feed for adult cats formulated to:
- Support renal function in the case of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency, through its low level of phosphorus and high-quality protein
- Reduce oxalate stone formation, through its low level of calcium and vitamin D, and its urine alkalising properties.
Contains EPA and DHA, a complex of antioxidants and a low phosphorus level. During Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), phosphorus is no longer eliminated effectively by the kidneys. A restriction in phosphorus intake is essential to slow down the development of renal disease. Feeding a diet with an adapted fish oil (source of EPA/DHA) content may help to improve the glomerular filtration rate.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Management of calcium oxalate urolith recurrence in cats with impaired renal function
- Prevention of recurrence of urolithiasis requiring urine alkalinisation: urate and cysteine uroliths.
Not recommended for:
It is recommended that a veterinarian's opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use. Initially feed RENAL with Chicken for up to 6 months in cases of chronic renal insufficiency and reduction of oxalate stone formation. For cases of temporary renal insufficiency a period of 2 to 4 weeks feeding is recommended
- Composition: Meat and animal derivatives (chicken 4%, pork), cereals, oils and fats, minerals, derivatives of vegetable origin, various sugars.
- Protein Source:
- Manufactured In:
- Breed Size:
- Life Stage:
- Food Type:
- Renal Care