This diet is a complete dietetic feed for adult cats formulated
- To support renal function in the case of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency, through its low level of phosphorus and high-quality protein
- To reduce oxalate stone formation, through its low level of calcium and vitamin D, and its urine alkalising properties.
Formulated to support renal function in case of chronic kidney disease. Contains EPA and DHA, a complex of antioxidants and a low phosphorus level. During CKD, phosphorus is no longer eliminated effectively by the kidneys. A restriction in phosphorus intake is essential to slow down the development of renal disease. Feeding a diet with an adapted fish oil (source of EPA/DHA) content may help to improve the glomerular filtration rate.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Management of calcium oxalate urolith recurrence in cats with impaired renal function
- Prevention of recurrence of urolithiasis requiring urine alkalinisation: urate and cysteine uroliths.
Not recommended for:
It is recommended that a veterinarian's opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use. Initially feed RENAL with Chicken for up to 6 months in cases of chronic renal insufficiency and reduction of oxalate stone formation. For cases of temporary renal insufficiency a period of 2 to 4 weeks feeding is recommended
- Maize flour, rice, animal fats, wheat gluten*, vegetable fibres, maize gluten, soya protein isolate*, maize, hydrolysed animal proteins, minerals, chicory pulp, dehydrated poultry protein, fish oil, soya oil, mono - and diglycerides of palmitic.
- Protein Source:
- Manufactured In:
- Breed Size:
- Life Stage:
- Food Type:
- Renal Care